As if there was any surprise that Yellen was fundamentally an uber dove, she just confirmed it. Here are the key highlights from her speech from Bloomberg.
- YELLEN SEES `CONSIDERABLE SLACK' IN ECONOMY, LABOR MARKET
- YELLEN SAYS QE TAPER DOESN'T MEAN REDUCED STIMULUS COMMITMENT
- YELLEN SAYS ECONOMY, JOB MARKET `ARE NOT BACK TO NORMAL HEALTH'
- YELLEN SAYS FED SHORT OF REACHING EMPLOYMENT, INFLATION GOALS
- YELLEN SAYS POST-CRISIS LABOR MARKET STRENGTHENED CONSIDERABLY
- YELLEN SAYS FED TAKES ITS 2% INFLATION GOAL `VERY SERIOUSLY'
- YELLEN SAYS DECLINE IN JOBLESS `GRADUAL BUT REMARKABLY STEADY'
- YELLEN SAYS ECONOMY NEEDS EXTRAORDINARY SUPPORT FOR `SOME TIME'